Apply Now for the 2015 Leadership Academy
The North Carolina Bar Association provides an intensely interactive and participatory leadership training program for young lawyers.
The 16-lawyer class size is designed to facilitate interaction and an intimate learning environment. The goals of the program are to help young lawyers to: increase personal self-awareness, including strengths and areas for development; develop and refine leadership skills, including inspiring confidence, creating a clear and compelling vision, building trust, communicating effectively, and enhancing team performance; improve their ability to influence others; and use the leadership skills as they learn in order “to make a difference.”
- Must be a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and its Young Lawyers Division;
- Have been admitted to practice of law for not less than two nor more than 10 years;
- Provide a letter of recommendation from another member of the bar who knows you well and can vouch for your aptitude and potential leadership;
- Commit to attend all sessions and obtain the commitment of your employer, if any, to support your participation and attendance; and
- Submit your application with all accompanying documents to the NCBA by January 16, 2015.
For further information, please contact Allan Head, NCBA Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 919-677-0561 or 1-800-662-7407). To download the application and information for prospective participants, please click here.