NCBA Elects New Vice Presidents
The NCBA Board of Governors, convening April 12-13 in Wrightsville Beach, elected the following slate of nominees who will serve one-year terms as vice presidents in 2019-20:
- Justice Mark Davis (N.C. Supreme Court, Raleigh)
- Judge Richard Allen Baddour Jr. (N.C. Superior Court, Pittsboro)
- Judge Regina Rodgers Parker (N.C. District Court, Williamston)
- Andrew Foster, Duke Law School Director of the Community Enterprise Clinic and Clinical Professor of Law
The Board of Governors also elected Reid Phillips (Brooks Pierce, Greensboro) who will serve a two-year term.
The Nominations Committee also announced the following slate of nominees for three-year terms on the Board of Governors beginning in 2019-20 subsequent to their election at the NCBA Annual Meeting in Asheville:
- Brandon Robinson (Durham)
- Katherine Wilkerson (Raleigh)
- Mary Nash Rusher (Raleigh)
- Linda F. Johnson (Fuquay-Varina)
- E. Bradley Evans (Greenville)
- Charles E. Raynal IV (Raleigh)
- Julian Wright (Charlotte).
Members who wish to submit additional nominations to the President should refer to Article 10.3(e)(vi)(1) of the NCBA Bylaws. Voting at the Annual Meeting shall be limited to the Nominations Committee nominees and any additional nominees submitted to the President in accordance with Article 10.3(e)(vi)(1) of the NCBA Bylaws.
Alex Dale served as chair of the Nominations Committee, whose membership included Mark Holt, Carlton Williamson, D. Beth Langley, John Bircher, Mark E. Edwards, Judge Ty Hands, Glenn E. Ketner Jr., James W. Kilbourne Jr., Shelby Benton and Jason Walters.