Apply For NCBA Public Service Academy
The North Carolina Bar Association is pleased to present the second NCBA Public Service Academy this fall. Conducted in association with The Institute for the Public Trust, the non-partisan program is designed to educate attorneys about the ins and outs of running for elective office.
The second class of the NCBA Public Service Academy will convene at the N.C. Bar Center in Cary on Friday and Saturday, Oct. 18-19, and Friday and Saturday, Nov. 8-9. The schedule calls for participation on Friday evenings from 6-9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
There is no charge to attend but space is limited. The application deadline is Friday, Sept. 20, and the selection process will begin immediately thereafter. Participants will be notified upon their selection and expected to attend all four days of the program.
Apply now to attend the second NCBA Public Service Academy.
Founded in 2010, The Institute for the Public Trust is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to "finding, recruiting and training great new leaders to run for public office in North Carolina and the United States." The Institute has trained dozens of individuals who have successfully sought public office or entered appointive government service.
Speakers are being finalized, but the following topics will be covered over the course of the program:
- Why This Course Matters Not Only to You but to North Carolina and the Nation
- The 2,500-Year Philosophical Historical Journey Leading to the American Democratic Republic
- Why Every Conservative and Liberal Should Read the Anti-Federalist Papers
- Campaign Finance: What You Need to Know About Running for Political Office
- Preparing for and Dealing with the Media
- 2016 Election Analysis: What Happened? How to Target Voters
- Recovering Civil Discourse in American Politics: A Template for Hope
- Campaign Management: How to Set Up and Run Winning Campaigns
- The Art and Science of Polling
- Using Social Media to Get and Stay Elected Instead of 'De-Elected'
If you have an interest in seeking public office in 2020 or beyond, this program is for you. Apply now to attend the second NCBA Public Service Academy.